DSW10: TOP 10 FILM RECOMMENDATIONS from JAMES at SUPER DIMENSIONAL ANALYSIS



On Halloween 2020, Digging Star Wars turns 10! To celebrate, we've asked previous contributors to provide a Top 10 Recommended Films...and to write about their experience with DSW. Here's a Top 10 list and words from James at Super Dimensional Analysis - an academic website that reposted my Journal of Science Fiction article on Robotech...

Ten of my favorite films are:

1. Adaptation 2002

2. My Dinner with Andre 1981

3. Easy Rider 1969

4. Cool Hand Luke 1967

5. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest 1975

6. Being John Malkovich 1999

7. Being There 1979

8. The Royal Tenenbaums 2001

9. Rushmore 1998

10. The Seventh Seal 1957

My list has a small foundation in Roger Ebert's list of about 378 Great Films. I suspect there is a theme of angst, existentialism, absurdism, and the iconic American male in my list of 10 choices.

I discovered Digging Star Wars and Chris Mich by way of internet searches for Robotech. The articles on Digging Star Wars always contain excellent insights and analysis pertaining to the subject at hand. Mr. Mich is always friendly and supportive. I appreciate all of Mr. Mich's generosity, and I wish him great success in all his endeavors.


If you are in the mood to read essays concerning academic analysis of Macross and Robotech visit my website at:  superdimensionalanalysis.com

The Digging Star Wars 10th Anniversary logo art at the top of this blog was supplied by artist Scott Dertby. Please visit his website scottderbyart.com or Esty site to pick up some of his collectible and wearable art. Thanks again to James and Scott for contributions to this DSW post...and previous posts, too! May the Force be with you!

Comments

Popular Posts